Nature in Summer
- Webbed feet help ducks ________.
swim in the water
- How do perching birds stay on a perch?
Perching birds have four flexible toes, three that point forward, and one that point backward. When a bird is perching on a branch, a tendon locks the toe that points backward.
- Why do bird chicks need a nest?
All of the above
- What are some materials that birds use to make nests?
Birds can use anything they find to make nests. They can use twigs, leaves, or their own feathers.
- Which of the following names is not a name for a group of birds?
- Why is a group of doves called a cote?
Doves were kept in places called cotes.