- We described how clouds normally form during warm weather. Can you put these events in the right order?
4 As humid air cools, clouds form
2 The heated air evaporates water in lakes and oceans
1 The sun heats up the air near the ground
3 The wind moves the warm humid air into the sky
- True or false? Great differences in the temperature of hot air and cold air cause small changes in the weather.
- If it takes 5 seconds to hear the thunder after you see a bolt of lightning, how far away was the lightning?
- True or false? The electricity in lightning is the same electricity that powers TVs and light bulbs.
- Why is too much rain a bad thing?
Too much rain can cause flooding.
- True or false? If it rains a lot in one area, the extra water is lost forever.