- True or false? There are more oceans than lakes.
- Lakes differ from oceans because ________.
- lakes are smaller than oceans
- lakes are inland, whereas oceans surround land
- True or false? The Panama Canal connects the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean.
- How do ships get through the Panama Canal?
All of the above
- Indicate the type of water in the example below:
|Great Salt Lake||saltwater||freshwater|
|Water from the tap||saltwater||freshwater|
|Rain or snow||saltwater||freshwate|
6. How did the Great Salt Lake get so salty?
The sun dries up the water in the lake, leaving behind the salt.
Lakes: Thousands of Lakes
Lakes: The Panama Canal
Lakes: The Great Salt Lake