- True or false? The crown of a sun hat is the part that covers the top of the head.
- How does wearing a wide brim hat like a sombrero help protect you from the sun?
A wide brim can shade your eyes so that you can see better in the sunshine. A wide brim can also protect your head, neck and shoulder from the sun.
- How are caps different from hats?
Caps fit closely on a person’s head. They don’t have brims, but they can have visors or bills.
- True or false? In a baseball cap, the visor can also be called a “bill.”
- Which of these people do not use a helmet?
- When would you wear a hard hat?
Hard hats are used by workers at building sites. If you were visiting or working at a building site, you would need to wear a hard hat. You would also need to wear a hard hat if there was a danger of something heavy or hard falling and hitting your head.
Hats & Caps: Introduction
Hats & Caps: Hats
Hats & Caps: Caps
Hats & Caps: Helmets